Re: Base system tarball Q [XTerminal]

On Sat, Jun 27, 1998 at 03:02:33PM +0200, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 sjc@delphi.com wrote:
[...]
> > Ahhh but to quote the NFS-root HOWTO:
> > *  There is a patch floating around, that allows for swapping over
> >    NFS. It was sent to me (during a private high workload phase), but
> >    somehow I managed to loose the mail :(
> >
> > so...it can currently be done...just need to find the patch :)
>
> That HOWTO suffers from the biggest common problem I have with HOWTOs in
> general: it is out of date. The patch has already been included in the 2.0
> series of Linux kernels. I can't remember which was the first, but 2.0.34
> definitely has it. It's classified "experimental" though, so you should
> tell the 'make config' program that you also want to be asked about
> experimental drivers (it's one of the first questions).

"swapping over NFS" patch is included in 2.0.34? Which option should I
activate to use it? I didn't see it in 2.0.34 xconfig nor in config.

I found the patch for 2.0.32 kernels in linuxhq, and for 2.0.33 kernels
in an URL cited there, so I guess it wasn't in the official kernel back
then.

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es