Considering the addition of a dpkg post-run hook...

After hashing out some issues related to emacsen-common issues, it
seems that the best solution to the problems is going to be some sort
of scheme similar to menu where I wait until a dpkg run is finished
before running the emacsen add-on package install/remove scripts.
Tetex also shares this problem.  Given that we have at least three
packages that require this functionality, I was wondering if it might
be worth considering adding a "post-run hook" to dpkg where packages
could place scripts to be run after a dpkg run (after dpkg has
unlocked itself, but before returning).

At the very least, it would be less complex than what menu has to do
now, and it would make it easy for tetex and emacsen to avoid running
*long* processes several redundant times during any given install.

Thanks