Re: 19980623 Work-Needing and Prospective Packages

On Wed, Jun 24, 1998 at 12:03:31AM +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:
> Well, after receiving the 2 latest WNPP listings, I finally found that
> what I liked best in the previous ones was the "changes from last
> version" section.  The full list may be some bandwidth waste for many
> people I think.

I agree that the changes section is useful.

> What about only mailing the changes, and pointing to the WWW site for
> the full listing ?

I also like having the full list in a mailbox somewhere.  I could either
download the web page every now and again, or keep lots of "diffs" around.

Unless I've missed something, there is currently no WWW site for WNPP.  If
such a site exists and is kept upto date by everyone, I think your idea
would have more merit, ATM I think it's more hassle.

2 cents

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian Linux  http://www.debian.org  The superior Linux distribution