Re: xterm-debian terminfo entry

Alexander E. Apke wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Brian Mays wrote:
>

> > This does not need to be done with at terminfo entry.  Use the following X
> > resources (in either $HOME/.Xresources or /etc/X11/Xresources for
> > everybody):
> >
> >       XTerm*background: black
> >       XTerm*foreground: gray90
> >
> > By the way, this also will cause rxvt windows to use reverse video.
> >

>         I did not want this to be set in the terminfo entry, but rather
> added as the default configuration to debian's xterm.  My reasoning is
> that since the terminfo entry has changed, why can't other configuration
> settings.  I remember there was a complaint that the debian xterm was
> straying away from the standard, and that is why the default colors were
> switched back to black on white from white on black.
>
>                                                 Alex

Please, don't go changing the local setup of the users without first
asking permission to change.  I for one did not like the surprise change
in the past.  Let's try to keep all surprises down to a minimum.

Have a good day :-)
--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037