Re: Bug-System: Why no mail to maintainer on reassign?

On 23-Jun-98 James Troup wrote:
> Florian Hinzmann <f.hinzmann@public.uni-hamburg.de> writes:
>
>> Later someone will reassign that bug to the correct package, but the
>> maintainer of that package won't get any mail.
>
> That's simply not true.

I've read some bug reports online containing entries saying
"Report forwarded" or "Information forwarded" after
both the initial bug report and any replies.
I thought this kind of entries are generated everytime
any mail is being sent by the bug system.

Reading www.debian.org/Bugs/db/23/23725.html I found
an initial entry "Information forwarded", but no additional
entry after the reassignment.

I thought: No entry --> No mail has been sent.

And I took a part of
www.de.debian.org/Bugs/server-control.html
as a confirmation for my assumption:
reassign bugnumber package
     Records that bug #bugnumber is a bug in package. This can be used to set
     the package if the user forgot the pseudo-header, or to change an earlier
     assignment. No notifications are sent to anyone (other than the usual
     information in the processing transcript).

If mail is sent to the maintainer on reassignments and
just no entry stating this is generated for some reason
then I am satisfied and will be quiet.  ;)

Greetings
      Florian

---
  Florian Hinzmann               f.hinzmann@public.uni-hamburg.de
                                 fh@dipa.de
NEW PGP-Key fingerprint: DD 61 74 34 04 FB 8A BD  43 54 83 38 0C 82 EF B1