Debian and gnuhoo.com

Last week I received mail from the people at gnuhoo.com asking that
we submit an entry for Debian. It sounded like a good idea and put
it (low down) on my list of things to do and didn't give it another
thought until today.

Slashdot has an article about gnuhoo.com that people might want to
read (http://slashdot.org/articles/9806230849239.shtml). While
I'm not as upset as some of the people who wrote in, I must admit
that the name almost lead to me making a contribution. It definitely
evokes the impression of a free software project. Debian should not
contribute to a 'free' project if it is not based on Open Source.
Hopefully GNU is trademarked and they will be forced to change the name.

We can't stop anyone from contributing an entry for Debian, but
please don't make one.

Jay Treacy