Re: xanim and the dotofiles

Some time around  Sun, 21 Jun 1998 10:15:50 BST,
         Enrique Zanardi wrote:
 > On Sun, Jun 21, 1998 at 12:00:59AM -0300, Igor Grobman wrote:
 > > If they all have the same copyright as the 3 i386 ones that are currently
 > > compiled in, we can't include them.  I asked the author of xanim, and he t
 > old
 > > me that he got exclusive permission to distribute them, but he can't pass
 > it
 > > on to me.  My attempts to contact someone at radius miserably failed.  I t
 > hink
 > > the way it is now (or will be when i remove dotofiles.tgz from
 > > orig.tar.gz) is as good as it gets.
 >
 > I think xanim should be modified to be able to add codecs as plug-ins
 > (loadable modules) without recompiling. That way our users could download
 > xanim from non-free, copy any dotofile from the net to /usr/lib/xanim
 > and voila!
 >
 > Now we have to convince the author. ;-)

Well, not necessarily ;-).  I am pretty sure xanim author wouldn't mind a
patch for such functionality.  If xanim was free, I would probably seriously
look into it, but given the fact it's not even in our distribution officially
(since it's non-free), I don't feel like spending my time adding the
functionality to it.

I'll forward this thread to xanim author.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net