Re: xanim and the dotofiles

On Sun, Jun 21, 1998 at 12:00:59AM -0300, Igor Grobman wrote:
> If they all have the same copyright as the 3 i386 ones that are currently
> compiled in, we can't include them.  I asked the author of xanim, and he told
> me that he got exclusive permission to distribute them, but he can't pass it
> on to me.  My attempts to contact someone at radius miserably failed.  I think
> the way it is now (or will be when i remove dotofiles.tgz from
> orig.tar.gz) is as good as it gets.

I think xanim should be modified to be able to add codecs as plug-ins
(loadable modules) without recompiling. That way our users could download
xanim from non-free, copy any dotofile from the net to /usr/lib/xanim
and voila!

Now we have to convince the author. ;-)

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es