Re: Access to an Alpha for package compilation?

On 19 Jun 1998, Douglas Bates wrote:

> On a Digital Unix system it does nothing because the program dies as
> soon as it starts up.  On other systems you get several .Rout files
> and one great gronking .ps file from the graphics.  Take a look at it
> under gv or something similar.  If you get things that look like data
> plots, we are running.

Ok...I *FINALLY* got it running.  It seems the -mieee flag did the trick.
The only tradeoff for enabling this is that it will give somewhat degraded
performance, but will handle the FPEs.

I'll rebuild a final time and upload the package after that...

Oh, and I'll forward my patches to you...they're VERY minor.

Chris