Re: FIX FOR HAMM: timezone problem

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Dale Scheetz wrote:

: Sorry to have stayed out of this but I have been busy...
:
: Bottom line...tzconfig is broken.

That may be :)

: If you look at the list provided under US there is an entry of
: Indiana-Eastern, and Arizona... as well. These should be linked to their
: non-DST configuration. The ones that say eastern, and central, and
: mountain, and pacific, should all understand daylight shaving time. (Bill,
: I hate daylight shavings time)
:
: The central timezone provided by tzconfig is broken, in that it clearly
: doesn't deal with DST correctly. I believe I have heard of this problem
: before. I guess it is time to look at the guts of this and figure out how
: to fix it.

What exactly makes you say that the central timezone doesn't deal with
DST?  If you mean "US/Central" I will have to disagree with you. :) It
works fine here.

kepler:~ $ cat /etc/timezone
US/Central
kepler:~ $ date
Tue Jun 16 13:27:25 CDT 1998
kepler:~ $ date --utc
Tue Jun 16 18:27:29 UTC 1998
kepler:~ $ ps awx | grep xntp
  279  ?  S    0:01 /usr/sbin/xntpd

Where's the problem?  I'm confused.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104

[ package info ]
kepler:~ $ dpkg -l timezones
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version        Description
ii  timezones       2.0.7pre1-4    Time zone data files and utilities.

kepler:~ $ dpkg -l timezone