Re: Important: Non-maintainer release flame!

>Ian, should non-maintainer releases be allowed into frozen/unstable
>without checking with the maintainer first?

this is nothing where ian needs to do a statement :
people should behave and help each other.
in this case there was good will, but bad behaviour (i guess).

please both : cool down and learn from this unlucky situation.

now: how can we make sure, this doesn't happen again ?
one thing could be : automatic script to check latest version of everything.
but maybe this isn't necessary, if everyone gets the news from freshmeat ...

what else could we do ? with a cvs tree, we could check in changes,
so the maintainer can see there is a new version, and someone already did
changes.

but most important : lets form small teams, working on a common group of
packages. with so many maintainers you never know who is doing what.
small teams could do a better job in looking who does what, and makeing sure,
that at least one person does the necessary things.

andreas