Re: Uploaded mpsql 2.0-1 (source i386) to erlangen

According to Michael Meskes:
> Miquel van Smoorenburg writes:
> > Another one is using a '-' as seperator. a '-' sorts lower then a '.',
> > so you can have
> >
> > mpsql_2.0-b1
> >
> > And then release
> >
> > mpsql_2.0.0
> >
> > The only problem is that "mpsql_2.0" does sort lower so it depends
> > a bit on the version number. But with "squid_2.1-beta22" and later
> > "squid_2.1.0" it will work.
>
> That ones a good idea, but then since I already uploaded 2.0-1 it won't work
> now.

Aha, nope -

Sort order:

mpsql_2.0-1
mpsql_2.0-b1
mpsql_2.0.0

So it is still possible to release a 2.0-b1 or 2.0-b2 now _if_ you know for
sure that the stable release is going to be 2.0.0 and not 2.0

But that's something you have to decide on yourself - it doesn't matter
to me, I just wanted to point this out since I thought it was a
neat solution.

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.