Re: Uploaded mpsql 2.0-1 (source i386) to erlangen

In article <[🔎] 13689.33125.750587.28828@bylbo.nowhere.earth>,
Yann Dirson <ydirson@a2points.com> wrote:
>Michael Meskes writes:
> >  mpsql (2.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
> >  .
> >    * Initial Release.
> >    * Based on version 2.0b1.
>
>Hm, assuming the "b1" means it's beta stuff, I think it would be
>better to keep it in the Debian version.  Changing the version number
>is confusing.  Yes, I now it's a pain when it gets out of beta.  I
>know of 4 solutions:

Another one is using a '-' as seperator. a '-' sorts lower then a '.',
so you can have

mpsql_2.0-b1

And then release

mpsql_2.0.0

The only problem is that "mpsql_2.0" does sort lower so it depends
a bit on the version number. But with "squid_2.1-beta22" and later
"squid_2.1.0" it will work.

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.