Re: Uploaded mpsql 2.0-1 (source i386) to erlangen

Michael Meskes writes:
 >  mpsql (2.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
 >  .
 >    * Initial Release.
 >    * Based on version 2.0b1.

Hm, assuming the "b1" means it's beta stuff, I think it would be
better to keep it in the Debian version.  Changing the version number
is confusing.  Yes, I now it's a pain when it gets out of beta.  I
know of 4 solutions:

* pushing for implementation in dpkg of things like alpha/beta stuff
(IIRC there wasn't enough voices last time there was a talk about this)

* heavily using epochs

* add a string like "final" to the version when out of beta (I'll use
this for fweb)

* consider alpha/beta to be based on previous version.  I use this for
e2fsprogs 1.12-WIP, which I numbered 1.10-1.12-WIP-<debian_rel>

Note that the 1st one is not incompatible at all with other ones ;)

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: