Re: About the Hamm Freeze (!)

On Tue, May 12, 1998 at 11:36:14AM -0400, Brian White wrote:
> The freeze of Hamm is about to become much more solid.  The installation
> has been determined to be stable and now testing is proceeding to the
> individual packages.  This will start with the testing of those marked
> "essential" and work on down to those marked "standard".  Packages marked
> "optional" or "extra" will not be tested (beyond installation) by the
> testing group unless they are given more time simply because not all the
> release-necessary bugs have been fixed.

I was told that dselect has problems with hamm being distributed on
more than one cd rom.  Ian Jackson suggested that we should take a
look at dpkg-mountable.  This means that a) dpkg-mountable might need
to be included in the boot floppies and b) we'll need at least one another
set of boot floppies - or someone invents a different method for this.

This is based on the idea that only packages up to a certain priority
are included on the first cdrom and lower priorities are distributed
through the second one.

dark: Could you run your script that checks each priority for
completeness?  (don't depend/... on packages of lower priority)

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/  VFS: no free i-nodes, contact Linus  -- finlandia, Feb '94   /