Re: advantage of new kernel 2.0.34

G John Lapeyre wrote:
> 	They have included the FAT32 support.  Many users need to mount
> their win95 partition. Many can't even install without support, as they
> need to install from a FAT32 partition. I had this problem installing on a
> machine a few months ago.  You had to patch 2.0.33 to get it.
This isn't an issue with the debian kernels which have had the support for
a while. I guess the kernel-maintainer is the only one that can evaluate if
there are any security improvements that should make it into hamm. Otherwise,
let's not put new code into the freeze. Debian 2.1 should not take long after
hamm. I know I'm being quite optimistic here :)

Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76