Re: Packages to be removed from hamm

On Fri, May 29, 1998 at 08:25:07PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 1998 at 10:22:30AM -0700, David Welton wrote:
> > ircii             21683  ircii: ircii is non-free! [26]  (Bernd Eckenfels <ecki@debian.org>)
> > tkirc                    depends on ircii
> >
> > In addition to these two packages, bitchx and epic should also be
> > removed.
>
> *sigh*  This really suxx.

Yes, especcially because, according to the past maintainers of ircII,
*no one* has ever intended that this stuff not be free.  I think that
in light of this, a little leeway could be given while efforts are
under way to resolve this.

> > Debian-policy also is not free, as it contains the fsstnd.  As has
> > been noted elsewhere, parts of perl-doc are not free.
>
> Debian policy is non-free?  Oh dear!  Now this gets rediculous.  Does
> ne1 object against splitting debian-policy into debian-policy and fsstnd?

Should we be doing that this late in the game?

Let's "throw momma from the train" (err... get the release out:-) and
deal with this stuff for 2.1.

Thanks,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org