Re: Size of a du index for packages (Complete index = 74 K)

Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> I have generated a complete du index for all packages via a small bash
> The packages.n files contain only n level of subdirectories and are
> therefore slightly smaler.

Hmm... if we could affort the space, we could provide a number of
options, so people who always mount from the root directory don't have
to download the stuff that people with more arcane requirements require.

Also, if we could afford the time, we could build the raw information
simply by scanning existing package files.  [Which strikes me as the
right way to do it.]

--
Raul