Re: so what? Re: Debian development modem

I see one big reason why hamm is taking so long to release: it's not
compatible with bo.

This has made developers (many of whom were attracted by Debian's
incremental and partial upgrade capability) very reluctant to
upgrade.  It has also made it impossible to fix bugs in bo.

Let us never make this mistake again.

We should, instead, simply freeze unstable every six months, and
release it three months or so later.  A package should be allowed into
frozen (or stable) if it would improve the quality of the
distribution.

We have often good backwards compatibility, so that it doesn't matter
if our stable distribution is a mixture of a.out and ELF or libc5 and
libc6.

Ian.