Re: Official Debian 2.0 CD master images

Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 1998 at 01:24:54PM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> >  - what should be on the official images (only main ? also contrib ?
> >  	project/ ? indices/ ? ...)
>
> Right now main+contrib (which *could* be on a CD) won't fit. It overflows by
> aproximatedly 40 MB. [...]

Ouch.  What happened?  Last month it fit with some room to spare.

> >  - european official images with non-US ?
>
> [...] If non-US
> is going to be included on *any* CD, someone has to make an override file
> for it.

I made two (bo and hamm), at Heiko Schlitterman's request.  I guess
they haven't been installed yet.  I'll attach them to this mail.
Of course, my choices were somewhat arbitrary; perhaps this is a good
opportunity for public review.

The versions I'm attaching differ slightly from the ones I sent Heiko:
apache-common is new to hamm, and I added it as optional/web.
(I don't know what it's doing in non-us, though.)

There is one binary package in hamm (libssl-dev) that I left out of
the override file because it is obsolete.  The current ssleay source
package does not generate it.  (It generates libssl08-dev).

Richard Braakman
bzip		optional	utils
cfs		extra		otherosfs
crypt++el	extra		editors