Re: ldconfig_1.9.6-3_alpha.changes INSTALLED

El jueves 21 de mayo de 1998, a las 23:49:45, Joel Klecker escribió:
: At 20:51 +0200 1998-05-21, Roberto Lumbreras wrote:
: >On Thursday, May 21 1998, at 14:31:49, Debian Installer wrote:
: >: Warning: Distribution was overriden from `frozen unstable' to `unstable'.
: >
: >I object!
: >
: >This package was uploaded on Sat Apr 25 04:19:12 1998, nearly a
: >month ago, and also note that this upload fixes bugs.
: >
: >Note that this package is ESSENTIAL with priority REQUIRED, because
: >architectures libc6-only like alpha and powerpc don't have a "ldso"
: >package so they don't have ldconfig.
:
: I think a cleaner solution would be to have the 'ldconfig' package for
: powerpc and alpha be built from the ldso source package, the 'ldconfig'
: source package seems to be simply the ldconfig sources from ldso, perhaps
: with patches (note that the powerpc patch I made to the 'ldconfig' sources
: is no longer necessary). It's too late to do this for hamm, but I'd like to
: do it for slink. I'm cc'ing ldso@packages.debian.org on this.

Hmmm... yes, I agree, it's the best solution. If you (ldso guys)
can generate a ldconfig package (with just a ldconfig binary, and
for alpha and powerpc only) from ldso it whould be great...

: --
: Joel "Espy" Klecker    <mailto:jk@espy.org>    <http://web.espy.org/>
: Debian GNU/Linux Developer...................<http://www.debian.org/>

Regards,