perlfaq (and perltoot) licenses

I would just like to quote 2 things Tom Christiansen has said in the perl
copyright discussion on usenet which seem to make this a non-issue for
debian:

in Message-ID: <6k0irk$bma$3@csnews.cs.colorado.edu>

  Bundling the FAQ with the complete distribution is of course perfectly
  fine -- and mandatory.  I'm talking about people putting my FAQ in their
  own books and charging for it.  That I won't stand for.  If you want to
  distribute the FAQ *unbundled*, you must not charge more that it cost
  you to copy it.

in Message-ID: <6k2bcn$m51$1@csnews.cs.colorado.edu>

    ``There are two problems with the Perl documentation that we can
     and should clarify; this may involve changing included copyrights.
     The first matter is that using code derived from the examples
     (some of which are very long) in your programs in no way infects
     your code with the GPL.  The second matter is that in whatever
     form that Perl is distributed, its documentation may/must also
     be distributed.  The public statement by the FSF that Perl's
     documentation is not "free" risks misleading people -- because
     the Perl community recognizes that its documentation is free --
     and should be therefore amended.''

As you can see, Tom intends all of the perl doc tree to be shipped with
perl distributions, and as copyright holder, will surely not sue anybody
for doing so, especially since he says it *must* be shipped with any perl
distribution.

-Eric