Re: New APT version

Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr> wrote:
> I agree with you here, but I must point out that this information is most
> useful is it's available before downloading the actual .deb files. If the
> information is located in the Packages file, GUI apt could display partition
> usage information while selecting pacakges.

Note that it doesn't need to be *in* the Packages file.  It doesn't
even need to be downloaded if the total size of all packages is
less than the free space of the smallest partition [and should be
possible to exclude partitions that are mounted off of directories
which wouldn't be populated in the base system, or which are under
"/home" or "/usr/local/"].

Also, note that this kind of information compresses really well.

--
Raul