Re: New priority?

(replying to two emails at once)

Manoj writes:
>         One may combine keywords to get a structure more flexible than
>  a mere heirarchical structure.

I should have made myself much clearer, I *don't* think we should have a
hierarchal file structure as I hate lots of symlinks.  I think the structure
should be stored in the status/available file.

I don't think we should have a list like "editor,c,perl", I think this is
better (but longer): "editor, programming/c/editor,
programming/perl/editor". Maybe this list is a bit concise though!

On Thu, May 21, 1998 at 11:00:53AM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> >Doing something like this with keywords would be harder, the hierarchy
> >allows use to reuse popular words such as "editor" and "viewer".
> >
> >OTOH we would probably end up with lots of links like:
> >
> >editor/programming
> >programming/editor
>
> i agree, this is something that needs to be handled, but its easy to do this.
> write a list of "good known" locations, scan all new packages for their
> locations and file bug reports if something is bad. and some sort of a symlink
> style behavior could make things easier.

A list of aliases might be a good idea.  Where this list is made or stored
is another matter - putting it in an "apt" configuration file seems ugly
somehow :-)

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com,  http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian Linux  http://www.debian.org  The superior Linux distribution