Re: Proposal: Automatic query servicing for dpkg installation scripts

I think it's important to consider the case of more complicated programs
such as mailers. Obviously as the maintainer of exim I have an interest in
this.

There's no way to automatically generate configuration files that will work
on all systems; the best I can hope for really is 90%. Therefore storing the
answers to questions and copying them to other systems is not particularly
useful, as it would require all the configurations on each machine to be
changed separately. On the other hand, the ability to automatically grab a
complete exim.conf file from another machine would be useful.