bootdisks question...

Hi there,

on #debian last night, I was helping out a poor chump who was failing to
install hamm on a clean machine.  Apparently he got PPP connected OK, and
then he tried to use all of dselect's default settings (in the FTP
module).  But it seems that dselect's default settings choose bo, not
hamm, so he was getting no end of conflicts?

Should this be changed, or is it the case that dpkg-ftp defaults to
'stable' which is right, and will be OK when we move the symlink?

It seems to me that it would make more sense for hamm bootdisks to
explicitly default to dists/hamm...

Caveat: I haven't tried the hamm bootdisks - I'm just reporting what I
*assume* was going on on this guy's machine.  I may be wrong about this
entirely...

Jules