Re: bootdisks question...

Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> Should this be changed, or is it the case that dpkg-ftp defaults to
> 'stable' which is right, and will be OK when we move the symlink?

     Hi,

     Yes, the default is "stable".  I don't think it is explicitly set
in the base-floppies, I think it is in the various dpkg/methods.  Of
course, they could be patched, but I think the base-floppies group
have enough to do on their own code, and it will be OK when the
symlinks are changed.

     It _is_ a royal PITA right now.  It asks for the top directory of
the distribution  If you enter "debian/dists/{frozen|hamm}, it replies
"debian/dists/{frozen|hamm}/stable/Packages doesn't exist".  The only
way to get hamm is to assume you do not have a standard archive, and
enter "none", then it asks for the main directory, and you give it
"debian/dists/{frozen|hamm}/binary-i386".  This must be repeated for
contrib and non-free.

Bob
--
   _