gcc vs egcc

I've been reading the mail on these two c compilers and wonder what about
pgcc?  As you should know the stampede group is using pgcc to build their
system.  From what I've read this is a good compiler for those using p5 and
p6 family cpu's.  At the very least someone should package this.  (If by
the time I get my linux machine talking to my ISP so I can attempt to
download hamm, or 2.0 is available on CD and noone has done this I might be
fool enough to learn how and do it).

BTW where on the FTP site is APT to be found?  I'm lost!  Thanks.