Re: New APT version

[ debate of autoup or apt for the bo->hamm upgrade ]

I think it's time for me to chime in.  Apt looks very promising,
especially with the bo version that exists.  I've been pleased with it's
use over the past few days.  As one of the heads of the testing group,
I've asked that it be one of our priorities before letting hamm out the
door.

However, I'd hate to see autoup go to waste.  What about making one last
version of autoup.sh and include a tar ball of the needed package files?
This gives us another option and something stable to test and verify it's
abilities.

If there are no major unfixed problems with apt at release time, I feel
this is what the testing group will recommend as a prefered upgrade
method.

Does anyone have any problems with this?
Brandon
Debian Testing Group

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 596-5550                      --Linus Torvalds