poweroff on halt harmful or OK?

I just got a feature request from someone who asked if I could add
the "-p" option to halt in /etc/rc0.d/S90halt. This would mean that
the system would automatically poweroff after halt.

As this is the default in 2.0.x kernels anyway, I think that is
reasonable. But perhaps someone has some wise words on this - I don't
have any systems that can do an automatic poweroff.

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.