Re: Intent to package GSL

On Mon, 18 May 1998 12:49:30 +1000, Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> said:
> On Sun, May 17, 1998 at 09:44:44PM -0300, Michael Booth wrote:
> > As implied by the name, GSL is released under the GPL.
>
> GPL, rather than LGPL? That is unfortunate.

Well, I was being sloppy when I said "as implied by the name" since it
could just as easily have been covered by the LGPL.  Nonetheless, it
is currently covered by the GPL, on the LGPL.  I've only recently
joined the project, so I don't know why one form was chosen over the
other.  It is possible - since the project is still young - that this
issue was not discussed at all.  I will enquire and report back.

Mike Booth