Re: Date bug in exmh/mh/sendmail (don't know exactly what)?

cr212@cam.ac.uk (Chris Reed) writes:
> In article <[🔎] 199805122207.XAA25599@linda.lfix.co.uk>,
> 	"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> > There's a problem with timezones in the headers of my outgoing mail.
> >
> > I use exmh and mh with sendmail.
> >
> > As you can probably see from this message, my timezone is showing as +0200,
> > whereas it should be +0100 (British Summer Time).  The date command is
> > working correctly, so it's more likely to be a problem with one of the
> > mail programs.
> >
> > Does anyone know which package should have a bug filed on it?
>
> It's in mh, I think.

Oliver, can you file a bug against 'mh'?  I'm the mh maintainer.
Maybe it's pretty easy to fix.  Please give me as much detail as you
can.  I might want to call on you to test the fix too.

> >From the Description for mh;
>
> WARNING: This package is not being actively maintained upstream.  It has
> known limitations dealing with MIME and other modern mail features.  In
> general, we recommend you use the largely equivalent nmh package instead of
> this one.
>
> Switching to nmh does indeed fix the problem.
>
> How strongly should we encourage people to switch to nmh?

Probably in slink, mh will be priority extra and nmh will be priority
standard (the opposite of how it is now).  Now is too late to change
it; nmh has some bad interactions with exmh and maybe other programs
also.

Please *do* submit bugs against 'mh'... I'm pretty actively fixing
problems with that package as a glance at the BTS would tell you.