Re: Is Billy Chow around? Intent to orphan: p3nfs and xbomb

On Sun, May 17, 1998 at 06:38:36PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mail to "Billy C.-M. Chow <cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk>" is bouncing, with
> "user unknown" errors; his two packages haven't been uploaded by him
> since January 1997.

Wow, you mean there is (or was) another Chinese Debian developers besides
Herbert Xu and me (Oh, almost forgot Lawrence Chim, but he seems to have
disappeared too)?  Wow!  :-) /me is surprised!  :-)

> p3nfs is still libc5, xbomb would be if Martin Mitchell hadn't done some
> NMU's of it[1].  His PGP key isn't even in the Debian keyring.  Also,
> FWIW, dejanews can't find any mention of him after January 1997 either.
> Does anyone know if he's still around and interested in maintaining his
> packages?  I think it's been long enough to safely say that if no one
> replies, say within a week, his packages should be orphaned and he should
> be assumed to be MIA as a Debian developer.
>
> Any objections?

Nope, go ahead and orphan the package and hopefully another maintainer will
pick it up.  I suppose Mr. Chow has graduated from the Chinese University of
Hong Kong and is probably busy working.  Anyway, he can pick up other
packages when/if he comes back.

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling        Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca     University of Alberta, Canada