Re: new debian-cd scripts

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Jules Bean wrote:

> Why not put a good half a dozen kernels for various common options (coupla
> different SCSI cards, etc) on the CDs?  In fact, surely there's room for a
> 20M of so base system?

The answer I was given when I asked this was that the area is limited to
2.88 megs.  However, what about making a small dos area with lilo and some
kind of menu.  It could look at a directory of kernel images asking the
user to pick one to boot, and then use loadlin.  I guess the only problem
I see is looking at that directory on the cd, maybe it could only be a
.bat script on the disk.

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 596-5550                      --Linus Torvalds