Re: The latest XFree86 (3.3.2-4)
I compiled and installed the XFree 3.3.2-4 and found some stones in my
1. The Xresource was changed, so that Xterms have a black background.
Why didn't I get asked befor replacing the file? I get asked for
all other config files, just XFree doesn't ask.
2. XFree needs misc/joystik to compile and thus should recommend,
suggest, depend on misc/joystik, because without it the joystik
3. XFree does a make -k, so it compiled for 18 hours instead of
stopping with an error after several minutes. It makes it hard to
4. XFree Server XXX should sugget/recommend the XF86Setup (its in
XF86vga I think) programm.
5. A XF86Config for m68k (Framebuffer Device) isn't provided any
longer. Its been in previous bin packages (might not have been in
the source, but from the person building it).
May the Source be with you.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com