Re: Lynx-SSL

On Mon, May 11, 1998 at 04:30:18PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Has anyone packaged this?  I would have, but I couldn't get 2.8 + SSL to
>
> Could you enclose the URL for th epatch?

I recall getting it on a replay.net mirror.

> > compile for some reason (think I know why too) and I couldn't officially
> > maintain the thing anyway since I don't live in the free world.
>
> As far as I know the patches that make lynx use SSL are only
> available in the non-free world (U.S.) so we have a problem
> having it maintained in the "free world".

I think there is a web page with the patch in the US.  I don't know that is
the origin of the thing and seriously hope it's not.  It would essentially
mean that the patch I used was exported illegally.  Now WHO outside of the
US would go and VIOLATE pathetic and unreasonable US laws that don't apply
to them to download the lynx ssl patch which does not even INCLUDE any
crypto code and then to COMPOUND that by breaking another US law  by
exporting it from their country where the US claims to have jurisdiction
since the product originally came outta the US anyway ....

> > The number one complaint I hear about lynx is no SSL support.
>
> There is also another way, Lalo once tried to package it: eassl and
> edssl.  The last I remember is either only available in the non-free
> world or unusable copyright - I don't remember.  Lalo, your turn.

There were a couple proxy solutions, but I couldn't get either to work.