FIXED: [SECURITY] Samba buffer overflow problem

Hi Chris,

>I'm forwarding a copy of a message that was posted on bugtraq about a
>security problem in samba. Our samba is vulnerable to this, isn't it?
>Do you think you can fix this kind of problem yourself, or do you need
>help?

Well, I guess I could have handled it myself :-) but the Samba team
has just released Samba 1.9.18p6 that is a patch release that fixes
this possible problem.

The release date of this new version is May 11th (according to the
release notes) and a version for Debian Hamm is waiting in master's
Incoming right now Mon. May 10th. (so they release a new version
tomorrow and we make it available today :-)

I haven't followed anything related to the old Bo lately. Where can I
upload a new version of Samba for Bo to?

Thanks for the notice.

Regards,

E.-

--