Re: ftp client for the base system

Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:

> On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 20:15:16 +0100, I wrote:
> > We have a little conflict here:
> >
> > - The netbase maintainer says telnet should stay in netstd.
> >
> > - I don't want to put the whole netstd (~1.2MB uncompressed) into the
> >   base system. (That would be one base floppy more).

Am I the only one who has repeatedly been confused and annoyed by having to
track down which of netstd, netbase, netstd_misc, et. al. is needed whenever i
want to enable or disable a daemon or adjust the parameters?

And I'm sure this is not the only machine that's somewhat short on disk space
and could do without the 3.6M of daemons I never use.

greg