Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Hamm

> > > If your own bugs are scattered around in a list of several dozen, it is
> > > really easy to miss one. Grouping them together makes this less of a
> > > problem.
> >
> > I guess this is the part I don't really understand.  As a maintainer with
> > open bugs, you're already getting mail from "nag" about them directly so
> > why would you depend on this general mail intended for everybody else.
>
> Don't even get me started on the nags ;-) In any case they have nothing to
> do with this message.

They have everything to do with this message.  Both come from the same
place.  In fact, the summary report is generated as a by-product of
generating nags.

> If this message is not intended to inform maintainers which of their bugs
> are considered critical to the release then you can stop sending it along
> with those nags.

The message is intended to inform _others_ of the problems that exists
in order to encourage them to help solve those problems.  When people
whine about "When is Hamm going to be released?" I can just point them
to this weekly message and ask them what they've done to help.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )