Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Hamm

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Brian White wrote:

> > > Several people have asked for this, but maintainers already get separate
> > > reports about their packages and reports by package are available on
> > > the web site, so I don't really understand the usefulness of presenting
> > > it that way here.  Is there something I'm missing?
> >
> > If your own bugs are scattered around in a list of several dozen, it is
> > really easy to miss one. Grouping them together makes this less of a
> > problem.
>
> I guess this is the part I don't really understand.  As a maintainer with
> open bugs, you're already getting mail from "nag" about them directly so
> why would you depend on this general mail intended for everybody else.

Don't even get me started on the nags ;-) In any case they have nothing to
do with this message.

If this message is not intended to inform maintainers which of their bugs
are considered critical to the release then you can stop sending it along
with those nags.

> However, as Jason pointer out, there is no reason at all for it to be sorted
> numerically (other than perhaps a touch of athetics) so I've changed it to
> sort by package name.  The new sorted list should come out Friday.

This is just fine with me, as I do (sometimes) know which packages are
mine.

Thanks,

Dwarf