Re: Debian Source distributions (was Re: Intent to package pine-src)

Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> It would be a great idea to have source dependencies. I compile all
> sources on my debian mirror and most fail because of missing
> files. One then has to search the package and install that before
> compiling again.

A very simple way to improve in this area would be if it was allowed
in the policy to add a "Depends:" line to the .dsc file with the same
format as for .debs. Very easy. Developers probably would start to use
it, since it makes compiling really much easier for other people. Some
time in the future this field would probably be made obligatory and
tools for source extraction could be extended to check them.

	Any opionions?