Re: `MIT-scsh': May it go in the main distribution?

I would suggest that this one is very close but still misses...

On Wed, May 06, 1998 at 06:41:14PM -0700, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
[snip]
>    Use of this program for non-commercial purposes is permitted provided
> that such use is acknowledged both in the software itself and in
> accompanying documentation.
>
>    Use of this program for commercial purposes is also permitted, but
> only if, in addition to the acknowledgement required for
> non-commercial users, written notification of such use is provided by
> the commercial user to the authors prior to the fabrication and
> distribution of the resulting software.
>
>  This software is provided ``as is'' without express or implied warranty.
[snip]

The 'sore spot' I believe is the requirement to provide written notification
prior to commercial use (though it in fact does not seem to actually
be requiring specific permission for commercial use.

--
best,
-bill