From: Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
Subject: scsh and CDROM
To: "Karl M. Hegbloom" <karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.COM>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 16:45:55 +0200

Karl,

don't know if you received an answer regarding putting scsh on CDROM.

I maintain the FreeBSD port of scsh and Olin let me know that it is OK
to distribute scsh (sources and package binaries) with a Freeware
CDROM. He didn't want 0.4.x to be on CD, but that was a matter of
quality on his side.

Hope this helps
	Martin
--
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org> http://www.cons.org/cracauer

8<---------------------------------------------------------------->8

Copyright (c) 1993, 1994 by Richard Kelsey and Jonathan Rees.
Copyright (c) 1994, 1995 by Olin Shivers and Brian D. Carlstrom.

   Use of this program for non-commercial purposes is permitted provided
that such use is acknowledged both in the software itself and in
accompanying documentation.

   Use of this program for commercial purposes is also permitted, but
only if, in addition to the acknowledgement required for
non-commercial users, written notification of such use is provided by
the commercial user to the authors prior to the fabrication and
distribution of the resulting software.

 This software is provided ``as is'' without express or implied warranty.

Distributing Autoconf Output
****************************

[excerpt from autoconf documentation]

   The configuration scripts that Autoconf produces are covered by the
GNU General Public License.  This is because they consist almost
entirely of parts of Autoconf itself, rearranged somewhat, and Autoconf
is distributed under the terms of the GPL.  As applied to Autoconf, the
GPL just means that you need to distribute `configure.in' along with
`configure'.

   Programs that use Autoconf scripts to configure themselves do not
automatically come under the GPL.  Distributing an Autoconf
configuration script as part of a program is considered to be *mere
aggregation* of that work with the Autoconf script.  Such programs are
not derivative works based on Autoconf; only their configuration scripts
are.  We still encourage software authors to distribute their work under
terms like those of the GPL, but doing so is not required to use
Autoconf.