Re: New APT version

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> This version of apt is probably the most effective way to upgrade from
> bo/rex. It has been tested in several bo upgrades and has undergone
> simulated upgrades for 18 different configurations, including a few rex
> systems.

This makes me wonder if we should think about dropping autoup as the
preferred way to upgrade to hamm, and switch to apt. On the one hand, autoup
has been tested pretty thouroghly and we shouldn't risk postponing debian
2.0 to work out bugs in apt. On the other hand, I've never seen autoup
as anything but a hack. Apt also lets people accomplish the entire bo ->
hamm upgrade from inside dselect, which is much cleaner.

--
see shy jo