Re: The early days of Debian (was Re: ideas underlying policy)

jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl <jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
> I remember Debian 0.04. Basically, it was what we'd nowadays term "base +
> bootfloppies" - an minimalistic base system on which to build the
> distribution. Even then, mailing lists were central to development, and
> development was a group effort.

That was my impression, which is why I wrote it the way I did.  I'd like
something a bit more definitive than this, so I can avoid the use of
hedge-words.

[I'll probably make some changes after reading the manifesto.  Thanks
for the URL.]

Thanks,

--
Raul