Re: Time to say goodbye...

schwarz@monet.m.isar.de (Christian Schwarz) writes:

> The discussions of the last days have shown me clearly, that I can't
> implement my ideas WRT policy/QA anymore.  It looks like most of the
> other developers (and most importantly, most of the other `old'
> developers) don't share my views anymore.

I don't know what these discussions consisted of because i've largely
ignored such topics.  I, like probably a very large percentage of our
fellow maintainers as well, have only a limited time to dedicate to
the Debian mailing lists.  I just can't keep up with the sheer volume
of them and therefore skip a lot of topics.  I rather prefer to invest
my time into the packages i maintain than in conceptual discussions.

For me Debian can only work if i trust the person who is occupied with
conceptual work.  The major pillars my own contribution does rely on
is the basic work done by all those who implement and maintain the
package management, the FTP sites, etc., and last not least the policy
you've been managing.  To be honest you could force down anything you
wanted down my throat and i would probably simply accept it because i
silently suppose that you definitely do know better than i do.  I
don't know if i share any of your views, but i know for sure that i do
support your work just because you are doing it for people like me and
therefore i won't question it.

I just wanted to write these lines to let you know that while i don't
raise my voice in support of your work this doesn't mean that i
disapprove of it.  In contrary this means that i'm fully content with
the fact that you are implementing what you consider best.  And it
makes me sad to hear that you're leaving because i sincerely believe
that you've been doing an incredible job for all of us.  I'd wish
you'll stay one way or another because Debian needs people like you.

                           Thanks a very lot, P. *8^)
--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------
   --------------- http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig -----------------