Re: MDA's was: Yet another Linux distribution! :-)

>'From Bill Leach <bleach@bellsouth.net>'
>
>I will take a look at sendmail because of Manoj's remarks since the only
>significant disadvantage to sendmail that I could see is that it can be a
>real tough one to set up properly (if you are a continuously connected
>mail server then it is almost a 'snap' to set up using the conventional
>sendmail configuration).

I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to make configuration just
as easy for a dial-up case. We need to figure out what the typical dial-up
cases look like and integrate them into the configuration as well.

#1 is simple to do, though it probably needs a few variants, depeding on
whether the machine serves an entire domain or just a sigle account/email
address.

#2 Might be doable using sendmail's smarthost "MX" feature (setting
the smarthost to a list of colon-separated hosts). With a bit of hacking
it shouldn't be hard to have it read it from a file on each delivery
attempt.

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40