Re: ppp: how to tell the connection speed?

Marcelo E. Magallon writes:
> I tried it, but I cann't get it to work.

Works for me.

> I added -r /var/run/ppp.speed to the chat line in
> /etc/ppp/peers/provider...

Should be ok.

> and "REPORT CONNECT"

Without the quotes, I assume.

> as the first line on /etc/chatscripts/provider (I didn't find anything on
> the man page that says it has to go in some particular place).

That's the right place.

> I made it output to /var/run/ppp.speed. Would that name be ok?

I don't see why not.  I use /etc/ppp/report, but that wouldn't do for
Debian.

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for you, but I would appreciate it
if you would let me know what the solution is when you find it.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)