Re: on forming a new Linux Distribution

From: Anthony Fok <foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
> I know you have the best intentions, but to be honest with you,
> I felt somewhat betrayed and abandoned when I first read your
> announcement.

I don't blame you. Unfortunately, I think that the conflict attendant
upon my (entirely theoretical) return to Debian and attempting to force
my goal set on it would be worse than my staying away. And I still want
to get that stuff done.

The base system standarziation I discussed will be something that Debian
and all Linux will benefit from. It would have been completely impossible
for me to operate that project while maintaining a tight connection with
Debian, it would make me appear too biased for the other distributions to
accept me.

The project should have a computer on the net in a few days, and I will
announce list addresses, etc., at that time.

	Thanks

	Bruce