Re: deb + tar + bzip2 suggestion

In article <[🔎] 001e01bd6d41$90d54640$0512b783@aqualung.eng.utoledo.edu> you wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply - catching up.

> IMHO speed is always relevant, and so is memory usage.  This is the trap
> Micro$oft
> and Apple have fallen into.  Just because the hardware is capable of running
> faster
> is no excuse for sloppy coding.  I'm not saying everything should be written
> in assembly
> language and optimized, but horsepower is not a substitute either.

Memory usage is important, but the useage time is short in this
sense.  Speed is important too, but the extra 30 seconds it takes to
uncompress somethis is made up for in this case by the 5 minutes saved
in downloading.  This, of course, is only true if you have a slow link
to the internet, but I think that that is true for a majority of
people.

Erv

--
Graduate Student                                edwalter@iname.com
Department of Chemistry                       walter@chem.wisc.edu

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.
 -- tagline 1.00 by xopy